Fortune Cookie Cereal Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. water
1. In a standing mixer (or with a whisk) beat together egg whites and sugar.
2. Then add in almond and vanilla extracts.
3. Next, fully incorporate your flour, followed by your water. Mix until smooth.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
5. Take a half teaspoon of batter and spread thin and circular on your parchment/baking mat. Do this three times.
* I recommend using a baking mat that has outlines for macarons (as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases), that way you can use the innermost circle as a guide and keep your mini fortune cookies uniform.*
6. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-6 minutes.
7. Fold your cookies immediately (this is why we only cook three at a time, because they harden quickly). Fold in half like a taco and then fold the two side edges together. Then repeat this process for the remainder of your cookies.
8. Finally pour your "cereal" into a bowl with some ice cold milk & enjoy immediately!