I’m sure many of you are familiar with the classic holiday cookie, the Peanut Butter Blossom. It’s a tried-and-true favorite that is always sure to please. Well today I’ve taken my own festive spin on the classic cookie, with my Candy Cane Chocolate Blossoms.
My mom and I are HUGE chocolate lovers in this household, so I thought, why limit the chocolatey goodness, to just the Hershey’s Kiss on top? Why not make the entire cookie chocolate, and better yet, add some Christmas cheer with some peppermint?! If you know how to make a Peanut Butter Blossom, this recipe is going to be a breeze for you. And they’re guaranteed to raise the spirit of whoever you share them with!
Also, I just wanted to mention that I know sometimes these special holiday Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses are hard to come by. If that is the case for you, there are also peppermint white chocolate bars/bark out there that you could definitely pop on top. And if you really strike out, just go for regular Hershey’s milk chocolate Kisses and bump up your peppermint extract to 1 tsp. in the dough. Or go for a chocolate-chocolate blossom and omit the peppermint altogether. That’s what I love about recipes, you can totally mix it up and do what’s best for you, your taste buds and your tummy!!
Essentials As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases:
Nordic Ware Medium Cookie Dropper (not associated with Amazon)
Kitchen Aid Artisan Standing Mixer
Mesh Stainless Steel Sifter/Strainer
*Side note: Nordic Ware is a Minnesota company, and I love all of their baking products!
Candy Cane Chocolate Blossom Cookies Recipe:
- 1 cup softened, salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. peppermint
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
*Optional: extra white sugar for coating your cookie dough balls.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Sift all of these dry ingredients until no chunks remain.
- In a standing mixer, cream together butter, light brown sugar, white sugar.
- Then add in vanilla/peppermint extract and eggs.
- Gradually mix in your sifted dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Chill your dough for 15 minutes.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet, about 1.5-2 Tbsp. per cookie.
- Optional: roll your dough balls in white sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 350 F for 8 -10 minutes.
- Unwrap about 35-40 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
- Remove your cookies from the oven and push your kisses into the middle of your cookies immediately.
- Let your cookies cool & enjoy!