1 (1 ½ - 2 pound) Flank Steak
¼ cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce (I use Kikkoman)
¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
¼ cup Avocado (or Olive) oil
3 Tablespoons Honey
4 Fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, minced
3 Scallions, thinly sliced
Gallon sized plastic bag
- In a bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and oil. Whisk in the honey, garlic, ginger and scallions.
- Place a gallon sized plastic bag inside a larger bowl to prevent spills. Tenderize your flank steak and add it to the bag. Pour the marinade over the steak, and seal the plastic bag. Once it is tightly sealed, flip the meat around to ensure it is covered completely.
- Place the steak in the fridge to marinate for at least 5 hours but preferably overnight and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and allow it to sit out at room temperature for 20 -30 minutes, to ensure even cooking. Then preheat your cooking surface (grill or stovetop grill pan). Remove the steak from the marinade, save the leftover liquid, and cook on each side until the internal temperature reaches 130-140 degrees Fahrenheit. Watch the YouTube Tutorial HERE.
-While your steak cooks, bring the excess marinade to a boil and down to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Use as a side sauce.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes, then slice it against the grain and serve with sides like jasmine rice and broccoli.
For the Inkbird Bluetooth Wireless Grill Thermometer my dad uses in the video click HERE!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.